Aprogram that simulates astronomical images.
Version : 2.3.4
Author(s) : Emmanuel Bertin (email@example.com)
License : GPL
Disk space required for installation is 311.00 Kb
The general SYNTAX is similar to that of SExtractor:
- A list file is an ASCII file containing a list of objects that
can be added to the simulated image. An example is provided in the
sample.list file. Note that only stars (code = 100) and galaxies (code
= 200) are recognized in this version.
- Keyword parameters given in the command line override those from
- If the list-file is given as unique argument, Skymaker searches
default configuration file called ``default.sky''.
- SkyMaker creates 2 files in output: the image itself, and a
catalog containing the objects it contains (with name toto.list if
IMAGE_NAME was set to toto.fits).
- Currently, the following TYPEs can be used with the IMAGE_TYPE
PUPIL_REAL, PUPIL_IMAGINARY, PUPIL_MODULUS, PUPIL_PHASE, PUPIL_MTF,
PSF_MTF, PSF_FULLRES, PSF_FINALRES, SKY_NONOISE and SKY. The two
keywords should be used for creating actual instrument images.
- A FITS header (any FITS image, or even an ASCII dump) can be
the IMAGE_HEADER keyword: simply replace "INTERNAL" by the file
will then make a copy of this header for the simulated image,
latter to be easily processed through your usual reduction tools.
- Thanks to Pascal Fouque, parameters describing common optical
aberrations (including defocus, spheric, astigmatism and coma) have
included in the description of the pupil phase-plane. Their
follow the ESO convention (equivalent angular diameter of a circle,
in the focal
plane, which encloses 80% of the PSF flux; this is generally
than the FWHM). However the user is invited to check this
report any unexpected result.
- Please look at the denisI.sky, denisJ.sky and denisK.sky
for more information.
- If a SEED_* parameter is set to 0, the corresponding random
initialized to a ``random'' (function of time) value.
- Beware of large AUREOLE_RADIUS values: during the calculation of
a temporary border of
pixels in thickness is added all
around the image, and can significantly affect the computation